My goals for 2024.
- Lose 20lbs. I'm overweight, and I need to be more concious of how I eat. Starting weight: 233lbs.
- Only eat bread that I make, or is obviously hand-made. My ability to eat carbohydrates is unbounded, and having an arbitrary rule like this will probably:
- Help me lose some weight
- Make me eat nicer bread that I enjoy more on average
- Increase my 1 rep max powerclean to my bodyweight. I love powercleans as an exercise. My current clean is 170lbs, so this should be achievable, particularly when combined with bullet 1.
- Cold plunge/swim outside at least bi-weekly. It's great for my mental health and it's so easy to achieve.
- Dry January and Sober September (I made this one up, but it's alliterative so it's legit).
- Write at least 1 article per month on this blog. I enjoy writing, and it makes my thoughts clearer when I write things down.
- Cook for people in a slightly more formal setting than dinner parties. Hopefully start this via an idea I have for a supper club - The Albion Supper Club.
- Finish my van conversion to a higher standard than it is currently. I skimped on various pieces, and some bits need finishing.
- Wrap the door inserts in fabric.
- Re-finish the benches with nicer plywood.
- Paint the roof panels.
- Use social media less. Replace this with writing and reading.
- Read 20 books. Tracking at books 2024.
- Explore JAX. It seems like the future of high performance computation.
- Do more pair programming. I enjoy this, and i've done it successfully only a few times.
- Make more static visualizations. I enjoy doing these, and I haven't done one for a while.
- A follow up to my NHS visualization, around the effects of COVID.
- T-SNE visualizations of some preference finetuning datasets.